Works had to be small (10" x 8" at most) and the theme was "relation to other". We also had to include some green. In the end I decided to work on some of the photos I took on my trip earlier last year as I am keen to explore some of that imagery as a basis for a variety of types of printmaking. Here's the finished result (below). I took the original image the at Avebury Circle in Wiltshire, England.
The Heat of the DayI was paired with Craig Moser, uihero who hails from Tex-Ass, as he says. He's an abstract painter and I'm currently a bit obsessed with abstraction, so I was delighted to find he was my swap-mate. Here's his painting (below) which I am now proudly displaying on my studio wall. I'm planning to have it framed as soon as I can.

Unfortunately in the photo you can't see the incredible detail in the layering of colour - it really is beautiful. But you might like to check out some more of Craig's paintings on Flickr.

Unfortunately in the photo you can't see the incredible detail in the layering of colour - it really is beautiful. But you might like to check out some more of Craig's paintings on Flickr.
Wow, he's a very accomplished painter - isn't he! How lucky you were.
ReplyDelete