
Very excited by the arrival yesterday of my new Akua water-based inks all the way from Dick Blick in the US. Everybody seems to rave about them and I can't wait to try them out. I guess this indicates a significant step for me towards committing to printmaking.
Hi Amanda,
ReplyDeleteI will be interested to see how you like using these inks.
About your last post, the cloud series is certainly beautiful to look at. Of course would love a closer look :)
About the press, I have a fly wheel on my ungeared press and find it ok to turn, I also use a friends geared press once a week and some difference, but not that much. I thinks it all depends on the size of press you want to buy. Anything bigger than what I have would be better "geared".
This is where I got my press from,
http://www.artequip.com.au/
Andrew is a lovely man who knows what he is doing and can answer all your questions. I have the A510 press and I'm very happy with it.
Hi Jo,
ReplyDeletethanks for your comment, especially regarding the press. I have come across Artequip through google, but it is great to hear a personal recommendation. I am going to have to do some serious research before I make a purchase. It seems that second presses are as rare as hens teeth, so it is a big investment. I'd be interested to know whether people find the cheaper options (low $1000's) worthwhile, or is it better to be patient and keep saving for something like your A510?
Can't wait to hear your review of the
ReplyDeleteAkua water-based inks. I've been interested in using these myself, but have not yet done so.
Best regards,
Clara
Isn't it a thrill to receive a package of new art materials in the mail? I'll be interested to hear how you find the inks too.
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda. I have always had excellent results with the Akua inks - both in my classroom & home studios. I'll be interested to hear what you think of them. Happy printing! Melody
ReplyDeletehi Amanda !
ReplyDeleteWhwen i read your profile ,it was like reading about myself.I am now 57 , I got cfs in 1994 , are now working as an artist , and must take care of my body ( not do too much ).I was educate in art after i got cfs, and i think the work with art is , that are helping me to get better... So good luck with your press and your artwork.
Best wishes from Liv , Norway