Monday, June 28, 2010

Noosa Travelling Scholarship

I heard recently that I’ve been selected as a finalist for the Noosa Travelling Scholarship. I’m really delighted to have be included, and it offers the first opportunity to  exhibit my artists book Judy & the Jacaranda. 

The exhibition will be at Noosa Regional Gallery from July 29 – August 29, although the opening is on August 6 with the “big announcement”.

The application involved submitting a small portfolio of six images of my work and providing a proposal for how I would use the travel.  I’d like to go to the Women’s Studio Workshop, New York state, which offers the rare opportunity of an artists book studio and a ceramic studio under the one roof and collaboration with R & F Encaustics just down the road. Well, a girl’s gotta dream!

The list of finalists is on the gallery website, and there are some impressive names,  both young, up-coming and experienced artists, as you can see. It’s a wonderful opportunity to show with these people and to see their work, and the Noosa Regional Gallery has a special interest in artists books. I’m really excited to be a part of this event.

And for those of you who are part of Book*Art*Object, and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your very own copy of  Judy & the Jacaranda, I’m pleased to let you know that it’s close…


Watson-Will:Judy and the Jacaranda

10 comments:

  1. Big congrats, Amanda!Yes, Noosa has some stunning work and it would be good to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Amanda, and all the very best. Imagine how wonderful it would be if you are awarded the scholarship, but just being a finalist is a great credit to you. Look forward to getting my copy of your book, which I know will be a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you Amanda !
    Wish you good luck and so !!!
    best Liv :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I just wanted to chime in with more congrats and to wish you best of luck.

    You don't know me--I've been lurking and finding inspiration from here. I deal with a condition very similar to CFS myself. I know, personally, how hard-won it is to produce any work, let alone such high caliber work worthy of honors. What an accomplishment to be a finalist. And I hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an achievement, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh isn't this wonderful !! :O))) I'm so pleased for you and so pleased your hard work has been rewarded ((*))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your kind wishes and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantabulous! and best of luck - an o/s trip would be a dream - but being a finalist in the award is a great achievement

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Amanda! That is really fabulous. I hope you get that chance to travel to New York! Your work is so special, how could they not choose you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is huge news, congratulations! Will cross my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete