When I took the embroidery course in August I used a couple for machine stitching, which I showed you here.
Otherwise they have been sitting waiting my attention, while I worked on other commitments. So after finishing the first half of my BAO edition, I took a week off to play.
Having sat for so long, they have acquired rather an air of preciousness, and not being entirely confident in my drawing skills, I began by photographing a few so that I could make some preliminary sketches.
This worked well and I had fun trying out some ideas, which I may use either for "proper drawings" or for stitching. Below are four scans of my results. In the last one I haven't drawn anything, but the shading/colouring has been altered by the processes and I found that an interesting outcome.
I've found I really enjoy having some marks and colour on the paper to respond to in my drawing - must be the result of a childhood love affair with Mr Squiggle!
Nevertheless, I have already returned to my BAO project, printing pages, folding concertina spines etc in readiness for assembling the final copies - which I will soon share with you here.