Friday, May 24, 2013

Taking part in Impressions 7


A month or so ago, I was invited to participate in Impress Printmakers' Annual Exhibition. Works are by members and can inlcude prints, drawings and artists' books. 

I decided that it would be a good opportunity to show a couple of my artists' books to a Brisbane audience. Although my books have traveled to a variety of venues in Australia, to the US and right now one is making its way to Sarah Bodman's next exhibition of Book*Art*Object in England,  they haven't been seen much locally.

I also had one digital print that was almost ready, but I felt that as a collection of work, another was needed. The two books I chose, Judy & the Jacaranda and The Great Library, while quite different aesthetically are linked by their BAO connection. I felt that one completely unrelated print created a disjointed body of work.

So I began to work on another print that I felt would sit well with my first, and after a week or so, I was satisfied and so have submitted the two prints together with the two artists' books for the show.

If you are in Brisbane or close by, it would be terrific to see you at the Opening next Friday night. If you can't make it, I'll share some images in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment