Saturday, February 09, 2013

Open Studio in New York

No, sadly I am not in New York. Still here in Brisbane, navigating my way amongst the piles of CDs, books and electronic gear while Ian's music studio dries out.

However, the extremely talented Hannah Bertram, who I've introduced to you before from my days at RMIT in Melbourne is in New York. In what is an incredibly competitive arena, Hannah secured a three  month Australia Council residency. Go Hannah!

You may have seen the beautiful ephemeral works she made using stuff we'd normally avoid - dust.  If not, you can take a look on her website.

Her current works are made using a most poignant substance - ash. When I last talked with Hannah about her work, she was using ash that she collected after bushfires in the Gippsland area of Victoria, Australia.

If you are in or near New York City next week-end, I thoroughly recommend you get along to the Studio Open Day that Hannah will be hosting. Below is the invitation with details.




Oh, and if you do go along, don't forget to say hi! from me.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds incredible! Wish I were in New York too.

    ReplyDelete