Monday, December 24, 2012

Season's Greetings

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has dropped by my blog this year. Your visits mean so much to me, and it has been such a source of delight to connect and chat with you.

If you are holidaying or celebrating at this time, I wish you safe and happy times.

We'll be celebrating Christmas tomorrow, with both my family and my husband's. Below you can see the traditional tree which my wonderful mother-in-law decorates for us, with a little help from her grandsons.





At times, the "run-up" to the festivities can seem stressful and overwhelming, and it seems that each year, most of the responsibilities fall on the same old shoulders. I'd like to thank those people in my family who make Christmas "happen" year after year. You are creating our memories, which are a treasure.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Amanda. I look forward to "sharing" things via the blog. And perhaps, this year, we'll get together in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never know!! Happy Christmas Di!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! I love that gorgeous traditional tree, traditional decorations are the best for these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ersi! Funny how we stick with all the northern hemisphere traditions down here, despite the heat. A gum tree just wouldn't do the job!

      Delete
  3. And to you, Amanda, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    And what a great looking tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was fun. Caught up with interstate rellies, ate too much, now sleeping a lot. Hope yours was good too?

      Delete
  4. Hi Amanda, I hope you had an excellent Christmas, I must admit I prefer the aftermath, when there is less happening, but its a great time of year. Like Di, I hope we can catch up in person, how hard can it be, since we live in the same city? Love, Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I've had a lovely time and am in "recovery" mode now, but I'd really like to catch up soon. We keep saying it and not making it happen - so you are top of my list once the battery is re-charged. Amanda, xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful holiday Amanda and that the new year will bring you much creative energy to continue your beautiful and inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. That's so kind! I wish the same for you, Amanda xx

      Delete