Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Art and Zine Exhibition, Melbourne

A very short post to let you know that while it may seem I've been ignoring you, I have been thinking of you all. I've been beavering away, preparing work and submissions for shows, this year and next.

First up is BAZE at Hand Held Gallery in Paramount Arcade, Bourke St, Melbourne. The opening is this Thursday - so if you are in Melbourne, I hope you can make it along.



As well as a copy of the Special Edition of Judy and the Jacaranda hand bound by Monica Oppen, I'm sending copies of my first zine, Looking for Wabi Sabi in Tokyo. I've also made two new wabi sabi zines based on photos I took in Paris. A few sneak peaks follow.

Tokyo




Paris




Paris2




The rest of my time is spent wrestling with my Book*Art*Object contribution, A Day Just Like Any Other , due to be posted off before New Year! Yikes! My main difficulty: too many ideas and not enough time to sit with them so that the best can percolate to the top.

5 comments:

  1. gawh - I'm so impressed! I have been languishing behind all you other BAO peeps (I think helen also got work done for BAZE).... all the best with the mini show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a few of us have been pretty silent Amanda, working away in the background. Great you got some new zines made for BAZE....and about Paris, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I loved all your Paris posts and pics!
    Taking my 3 titles to post today.Still have fastening to finish on one.And , of course, the other 11x3 of the editions to make!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're being productive! I think quite a few of us are heads down and out of sight at the moment...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i swung in here serendipitously whilst idling in the interwild with my morning coffee...and have thoroughly enjoyed wandering around here, thanks

    ReplyDelete