Sunday, May 13, 2012

Amanda's Amblings #1

 


This is a view of one of the more eclectic stalls I saw today, and yes that does appear to be a life-size Egyptian sarcophagus of some sort (right in the centre of the photo).
This is the street in the Marais where we are staying. It's the same apartment we rented last year. The market today is just at the end of the street.
This is the staircase in our building. I love the worn stair treads, and near the front door there is another set of stairs leading down to a very creepy-looking (and musty smelling!) cellar. There is talk of these stairs being renovated, but I'm against it!
Here's a view inside our apartment. There's a separate bedroom and large windows that go almost to the floor. It was only renovated about 2 years ago, but the floorboards are original and beautiful (and extremely creaky, especially in the middle of the night).
This is the building across the road. Not sure if you can see, but it says "Public Hygeine Sociale". I'm not sure to what exactly that refers, but it sounds a bit unsavoury! Fortunately there's a gallery in there now and this sign:
which means of course, "The Love of Books", so I know I'm in the right place.

More soon.





4 comments:

  1. love your first paris podcast! makes me want to go get parisian fleas too (hee hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..l know exactly where you are...you lucky woman. The flea markets are great aren't they? Infact all the markets in paris are amazing. I spent far to much money when l was there last year...and l could have spent more if only my suitcase had been larger!Haxxhave funxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sarcophagus Amanda. It all makes me feel excited and I can't wait to be back there in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your commentary and photos Amanda. How can it be that I've never made it to Paris? Sob...

    ReplyDelete