Friday, April 27, 2012

Dandelion Daze



Thanks to everyone for your considered opinions on my prints last post. Your choices were varied, which was really good, because it gave me the freedom and confidence to select my own favourite.

Finished prints for "Regenerate" show in August
For a close up, see here


There is the edition pictured above, ready to be signed and numbered. For this particular exhibition it is a requirement that we all use the same paper, torn to the same size, which Impress Printmakers provides for us.

The paper is Magnani Incisioni, which is a beautiful off-white cotton rag paper. I was a bit concerned about using an unfamiliar paper, and one that doesn't have an inkjet coating. Fortunately, the prints do look lovely on the Magnani, although I suspect that there is a slight loss of textural detail. I'm going to check on this when I have a little more time.


At the moment, time isn't plentiful, as it is only 10 more sleeps till I head off overseas. If you were following my blog last year when I was in Paris, you may remember that I was excited to stumble upon a bookbinder's studio in the very street where we were staying.

Last time, I couldn't quite make myself turn up at the studio unannounced and try with my stilted French, to speak to the bookbinder Celia Malouvier. I am pleased to report that this time it is different! I have already been in touch and have organised to do some classes with her. On my first visit to the studio, we will decide what I would like to work on in the time that I have. You can rest assured that I will report back to you about this little adventure.

I'll try to post again before we fly out, but if I don't, I'll be back soon, reporting from locations plus exotique.

5 comments:

  1. 'Bookbinding in Paris' could be the title of a film très romantique :) How wonderful that you'll be taking those classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will go to see your print in the show in August.
    L'Atelier du Marais looks wonderful. Amuses-toi bien a Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bon voyage Amanda, I hope you have a lovely, creative time on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time and keep us posted xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon voyage Amanda,you will be a bookbinders delight. Looking forward to your os blog.

    ReplyDelete