Friday, December 23, 2011

The Big Reveal: The Great Library of Alexandria

The good news is the wall bed has been installed in the studio and I am slowly getting the rest of the room back in order. This is a chance for a bit of a spring clean, so things tend to progress slowly as I sort through everything and try to part with some! When it is all organised and looking pretty I will post a photo or two.

In this post I thought it would finally be safe to post images of my latest Book Art Object edition, as I think that everyone must have received their copy by now. I have decided that the best way to show off books is in a video, and as I now have my website to keep up to date as well, I spent some time this afternoon putting one together. I don’t usually use much in the way of transitions or effects, as I don’t think they usually add much, and in fact used badly can be rather comical. However in this case I used a few and I think they help to give a bit of an impression of handling the book and turning it in your hands.

 

 

And in case you are interested in details, here is a close-up of the colophon.

colophon

 

I also want to let you know that over on the Book*Art*Object blog, the call has gone out for our next edition. So if you think you might be interested in joining in the fun, pop over there and take a look at the details. Making an edition of ten plus is a challenge, but we are a friendly and helpful group, and I guarantee you will learn a lot from taking part.

Finally, I’d like to thank everyone who has visited my blog this year, and especially to those kind and encouraging folks who commented. It is such a delight to hear from you and I am always thrilled and surprised when your feedback comes through. If anyone has been thinking of commenting or sending me an email, but hesitated in the past, please know that I would love to hear from you!

I wish you all a happy, safe and loving time this festive season, and hope to see you here again soon. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Amanda! This is just stunning! Wow, I'm really impressed. Of course I wonder how you did it all, but perhaps those details will come. It is so rich and luscious. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video! And the book! I didn't realize one could even print on papyrus like that (or get it to fold like that, even laminated to "regular" paper). It's wonderful and very interesting. What a great edition.

    And congrats also on braving the cleaning and sorting of your studio, and getting the wall bed in. I've been trying to tame my own as well--a daunting task! I will be inspired by your good example.

    Don't know if I mentioned yet, but I'm going to be in BAO next year. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful book! Interesting structure, and the print inside is wonderful. I would love to see one for real. Do you have additional copies for sale?
    All the best for the next year, always a pleasure to have a look at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is very cool Amanda.
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Late to the party - that's me!
    But in time to wish you good things for the coming year.

    I'm sad that I just couldn't manage both editions this time round as there are some stunning "art and Lies" pieces.
    But...onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Amanda

    Thank you so much for your book object, which I can imagine took a lot of trials and tweaking.

    It is lovely to have a piece of your artwork in my collection.

    Thank you

    Aine

    ReplyDelete