Monday, November 07, 2011

Exhibitions at Impact, Part 2

Things are rather chaotic here, with the fridge still out on the patio along with half the living room furniture. The good news is that today is the last day of early starts and tradesmen creating clouds of dust. The finishing touches to the new sustainable bamboo floor are happening as I type. The kitchen is in place and operational. There's just the mess to clear up, but first some rest.
 
For now, here's some more photos and links to work I saw at Impact7 in Melbourne.

Clare Humphries: Material Remains
This Melbourne artist was once an occupational therapist and her work relates to very similar interests to my own. I missed her paper, but hope to download it when the conference proceedings are available. Some info about Clare here.



Unfolding Projects: Afghan and Australian Artists' Books Collaborations
These beautiful collaborative artists books were in glass cabinets, just near the BAO display. Read & see  more here.




Melike Tascoglu: The H2O Series















These prints exploring the nature of water really spoke to me. I'm not sure if they can be read as well from a screen. Read & see more here.

 Janet Bellotto: Finding Juliet
I freely admit I am sucker for a good lenticular print. (You know, the postcards of your youth where the lady winks suggestively etc). This diptych is the largest format lenticular print that I have seen, and it is used to great effect to depict a wave crashing though this scene. I loved it!

The artist is from Toronto, living in Dubai. Her website where you can see more of her photographs, as well as video and installation work is here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm seriously starting to think I must have gone to a different impact - I only managed to see one thing you've posted! scheeez! and those map thingys look sooo intriguing too... bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, Amanda, for being my eyes at Impact.

    And I'm pleased for you that your noise and dust chaps have finished.Don't rush!


    w v is realloty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots of the lenticular prints, Amanda! It was wonderful going to Impact... and it seems so long ago now. MUST. FINISH. BAO. BOOKS. Right, off to the studio then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying exploring Impact through your photos and links. You have a good eye for interesting and/or beautiful subjects. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete