Thursday, December 02, 2010

#reverb 10


Susannah Conway who came up with "The August Break", has alerted her readers to an online "event" called #reverb 10.

The idea is that the end of the year is a time to review and set your direction for the new year. And some 1400+ bloggers have joined together to conduct their personal reviews via their blogs, under the (hopefully) helpful guidance of the team at #reverb10.

I feel rather as if I've been reviewing all year long, trying to find the right direction and balance for me. Since I became ill, I spent many years studying, and then caring for my widowed mother until she died last year. So there is a huge space in my life, together with some very real limitations due to CFS, and I've been struggling somewhat to get a clear sightline on my life.

I'm very much a Big Picture Person, and I can't settle to the small detail without first having a clear view of the whole. And it feels quite unclear in certain patches. It's not that I'm seeking certainty or total control. I know that nobody has that. It's more a matter of seeing all the jig-saw pieces, even if some pieces are wildcards. There! how d'you like that mixed metaphor?

Anyway, I'm hoping that a month of review and thoughtful consideration of 2011 will provide some much needed direction. Having said that, I may not be able (or even want) to respond to every prompt. I have no idea what is in store, but I liked the first one, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'll be posting my responses under a new page, #reverb10.

3 comments:

  1. great idea amanada - I hope you find the REview REvitalising

    I feel that all of 2010 has been a review and reorganisation of ALL life stuff here and boy o boy am I weary from all the new stuff - I hope you find your review more energising than exhausting!

    have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great idea, but I think you're braver than I am. I'm not sure I want to review just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ronnie & Carol for your support. I know what you both mean - I'm a bit of an over-reviewer, I fear! I am hoping that an "official" "guided" 1-month-long review will put the need I feel to bed for another 12 months.

    ReplyDelete