Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Help! Where has the year gone???

We went away for 5 nights last week and all of a sudden everything seems too busy and I feel tired and stressed. I have a list of posts with news and other stuff that I wanted to share with you, but it hasn’t happened. The list just keeps getting longer some how. On top of that, I haven’t had the chance to do anything creative since the etching workshop, and that just makes me cranky!

It’s the time of year when there’s loads of social events, preparations for Christmas and with the intermittent rain, it just keeps getting more and more humid – sucking away the energy and making a late afternoon nap a necessity. Even though I talk about the horrors of summer in Brisbane, by the time it comes around I always seem to have forgotten how debilitating it really feels.

But that is more than enough whinging – especially when everybody has their own version at this time of year. And I actually have lots of good stuff to write here.

2 comments:

  1. Whinge away! I think we're on the same wavelength. I just got back from 5 days away myself, and feel like I've done myself in, and frustrated not to be doing anything productive. Although here in our part of the world we are having cold driving rain and winter, which I would take any day over sticky heat and summer. I hope you can stay cool, and good luck getting back on a more even keel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chipmunk! Actually an occasional whinge does the world of good, I've found. I've felt better ever since I posted that, but it's a relief to know I haven't scared everyone off with my complaining.

    ReplyDelete