Monday, November 17, 2008

Just a matter of days...

....and it will be over. It's been a long 5 year journey, and I can't say I won't be pleased to bring this all to an end. Of course, I'm talking about my masters. On Thursday I will be heading to Melbourne to allow some time to see my supervisor before the final assessment on Tuesday next week. My work will be reviewed by an external examiner, meaning someone who does not work for RMIT University, and in fact I am not allowed to know who it will be. I presume I will find out just before it occurs, because I believe we are introduced just before they look at the work.


Yesterday I finally completed the clamshell box to hold the porcelain pages, Self (States of Change). I followed this tutorial as I had never made any boxes before, and I have to say it is a great guide. I am quite happy with the way it turned out, and it was such fun, I know I'll be making lots more boxes.


Below are some pictures I took this afternoon, creating the visual documentation that will be part of my submission.







I am still working on the porcelain flag book...it is close to finished, in fact should be finished, but I wasn't happy with the way some of the flags decals came out of the kiln, so I'm re-doing them. It's down to the wire...I had to phone the decal maker this morning and have him urgently repeat my order, express post it to me overnight, I'll apply them to some spare porcelain flags I made (phew!) Tuesday, let them dry over night, fire them Wednesday, take them out of the kiln Thursday... in time to catch a 3 o'clock plane...that is down to the wire.

But I do promise when it's done, I will post some photos for you to see...just not necessarily before the assessment.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all is going well and you got the flag book finished in time. All this 'down to the wire' stuff is exciting but not good for your migraines. The box and book look wonderful and I'll check out the bx tutorial. All the very best, Carol

    ReplyDelete