Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finally! A customized banner!

As you can see I have finally managed to upload my new banner and sort out the problems with the blog title i.e. make it go away. I originally put the banner together in March but when I tried to upload it, the title text sat on top of it. I don't know HTML or whatever language Blogger uses now, and despite searching for help online I couldn't find the exact code I needed.

Today I had a look in Blogger help and found two really good blogs which help out people like me - the ones who want to blog, care enought to want their blog to be individualised, but know nothing about coding. Freevlog is really about video-blogging, but includes this great video-tutorial which takes you through the banner thing step-by-step. The Dummies Guide to Google Blogger (Beta) is exactly what it says and also covers customizing your banner/header as well as loads of other things. You could really spend an awful lot of time adding "special features" to your blog, but I'm happy for now just to finally have my banner afloat - so it's back to the printer and my book....

6 comments:

  1. Your new blog header looks great Amanda. It's nice to be able to have a customised header albeit a little confusing to do. I'm sure that you will get the hang of it and will be able to have a play around with your blogger settings.
    The other day I was looking to change a setting on my blog and I couldn't for the life of me find where it was, turns out it was right in front of me the whole time! I couldn't see for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, thank you for doing this homework and letting the rest of us benefit from your research.

    I recently discovered your blog and have been enjoying your posts about your artistic journey. I'm a book artist and so have been particularly interested in your approach to bookmaking.

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banner look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely comments!
    Sonya - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who misses things that are right in front of them!
    Clara - welcome and thanks for getting in touch. I'm glad to share anything I discover. I popped over to your blog and enjoyed looking around. I've bookmarked it so I can go back and trawl through the archives at leisure.
    I have two more books planned for my masters work, and will be posting about them here once I get them under way.
    Rabbit - thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh.......Very Posh !

    Took me ages to have ago at making my banner and a few mistakes on the way.

    As for not seeing what's infront of you.....happens all the time. Even worse when I have lost my glasses too and have to try and find my glasses before I still can't find what's under my nose rather than on my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's me - dead posh!

    I know what you mean about glasses - I am continuously losing mine and seem to spend half the day looking for them. I know what I really need is one of those things grandma's have to hang them around my neck (apologies to all the grandma's out there), but at 44, I'm just not ready to take that step.

    ReplyDelete