Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Clouds for my flag book














I have been working on more cloud images to use on the outside of the flag book that I mentioned earlier. I want to use one image that will extend across both the front and back covers and the concertina spine. The first image probably works best with the rest of the book colour-wise, although I love the softness of the second alternative. If you look really closely on the left, just below the lower bank of clouds you can see a tiny plane, which appeals to me.




In the bottom photo I do like the metaphor inherent in the layers of clouds of increasing darkness and the sliver of blue sky peeking through. inherent in the layers of clouds of increasing darkness and the sliver of blue sky peeking through.



There is so much to think about in making an artists book. So much to tie together conceptually, plus I am still searching for papers and printers and trying to decide whether to make it entirely myself or have it printed professionally. I would prefer to have the control of doing it all myself but I am only able to print up to A4, so it does limit my size. It is certainly a challenge, but enormous fun too!























1 comment: