Initially I experimented with a variety of different transfers onto different media including perspex (see left), Japanese kozo, mulberry and watercolour paper using Sheer Heaven transfers, Talbot and Pettit's methods of inkjet transfer and beeswax collage. I am not going to upload photos of everything here as some were dismal failures, but here are a couple.
On the left is a Pettit method transfer using sandwich paper onto natural Kozo paper. As you can see none of the yellow pigment has transfered, but I do like the textural effects. The lack of yellow lead me to try using this yellow mulberry paper with inclusions (below). I like the translucency of this but its just too yellow.
Initially I had the idea of making this book on perspex to accentuate the translucency of transfers. To do the transfer I used Jonathon Talbot's method and it worked well, except I just don't really like the look. This was the first transfer I tried with this photo and as I get used to the look it doesn't seem so bad, but I have decided to make the aesthetic of this book a lot more natural, in keeping with the theme of cycles in nature.
Coming up: my first experiments with Inkaid.