Sunday, December 03, 2006

Topic #30 - Windows


Burke Road Window



Amazingly I had an exhibition in 2002 with this title, Windows, and I had hoped to use an image from the documentation of that as my entry in this weeks' Artwords challenge. Unfortunately all my images are on slides and I haven't been able to get them scanned in time. Still, with buildings a major partof my iconography, I have plenty of images of windows in my resources.

I decided to create something new using one of the photos I took when living in Melbourne. I am continuing my explorations with Photoshop - working a lot with the adjustment layers and a couple of simple filters. This allows me to explore more photographic post-processing type effects. I am still trying to work out what I can do, but I think I am starting to get a bit of a feel for what I like. I like these colours, somehow they are muted yet bright - how can that be? I don't like the fact that the image is obviously derived from the negative - it makes it look too obviously "photoshopped".


I was thinking some of these images would be interesting as transfers, maybe using Jonathon Talbot's technique, described here.
As I am still very much in a developmental stage with Photoshop, I have decided to post a couple of my other versions here in the hope of getting some constructive criticism.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I think these are great! I would not say that they are obviously "Photoshopped" as you've used so many tools to manipulate it. I know what you mean about the colors being muted and bright at the same time--cool effect! Thanks for sharing.

    Warmly,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete