Saturday, September 23, 2006

Topic #20 - Confession

This is my entry for Confession at Artwords. It is only a sketch really but I didn't want to miss the deadline again this week. I plan to keep working on it, just to enhance some of the background. If I end up changing it significantly, I'll post the improvements!

Sometimes I think confessing can be quite selfish. It can operate to make the confessor feel better, to cleanse the soul, but only leaves the confessee feeling totally betrayed. Some sins are better left unknown, unsaid. And if that means you have to learn to live with your guilt, then that is just how it is. In a sense, by confessing, you may just end up wronging the person twice. It's not always better to know the truth.

3 comments:

  1. H Amanda, I have just found your blog via the link that you posted for this piece of art on the
    flickr collage images group,
    I really like this piece, it is very thought provoking.
    As I read through your bio I see that you have CFS. I have FMS (fibromyalgia) which is quite closely linked to CFS, with pain being the main symptom of FMS and fatigue a close second. I believe that CFS is the other way around, is that right? I can relate to what you say about art being healing, I totally agree. I 'need' to create as I find it to be excellent mind therapy even though it can be a physically demanding.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" and that I will visit again. Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Azirca,
    Thanks for getting in touch. I visited your blog and discovered that we have even more in common - my husband and I have been married for 19 years and he also has CFS and FMS, so we both live on disability pensions too...
    The photos on your blog are amazing - are you professionally trained? It looks as if you live in a beautiful part of the world.
    Once again, thanks for dropping by,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, well it's a very small world isn't it? You are lucky to have the support and understanding of your husband as I'm sure that he understands more than anyone. My partner is amazing, he is my 'rock' I couldn't ask for more.
    Thank you for your comments on my photographs and in answer to your question, no I'm not professionally trained, I'm self taught. I discovered a love for photography a few years back and it just went from there. If you are interested you can view more of my work on my photography website
    Digital Visions>

    take care :)

    ReplyDelete