Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Grief 2


Grief 2
Originally uploaded by potsrme1962.
This was made as an expression of my grief about losing my dear wonderful father, who died on October 7, 2005. At times, I still can't believe he is gone forever and I will not see him again. He was a loving father and a great friend.

The work also expresses my attempt to embrace my grief. It is so easy to run from our feelings, afraid of their power, but they always catch up with us, somehow, sometime.

In my meditation practice I have been trying to stay with the ache I feel around my heart chakra for the duration of my sit. There is a lot of energy in this area. Sometimes it shifts and sometimes it doesn't, but at least I am giving it the attention it deserves. Grief deserves honouring.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful mixed media. (I am so so sorry of your loss.)

    ReplyDelete