Saturday, February 25, 2006

So I am trying out blogging. It seems like a strange concept to me and maybe I will opt out pretty quickly, but maybe I will find it is another way to become involved in community, albeit a virtual one.

Having chronic fatigue syndrome for over 15 years can be extremely isolating at times and I have found the two egroups I have joined to be very supportive and a real life line when I am particularly unwell.

I would like to use this blog as a type of journal to demonstrate how art can be a healing force both for individuals and society as a whole. I will be posting some of my own art, perhaps some other people's art, as well as my thoughts on how art has helped me specifically. I will also post some more academic information about art as therapy and perhaps develop some writings of my own on the sort of role I would like to see art play in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment